COVID-19 Update – Club Reopening
The Province of Nova Scotia recently announced its phased in plan to reopen from the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Outdoor organized sports practices and outdoor activities with a limit of 10 people with physical distancing, or multiple groups of 10 people that are distanced.
- Travel is no longer restricted within most of the province. (non essential travel in to or out of Halifax Regional Municipality and Cape Breton Regional Municipality is still not recommended)
- All members are responsible to familiarize themselves with, and abide by all Provincial Regulations and recommendations.
- The Clubhouse will remain closed and off limits for gatherings. It is only to be used for sign in/sign out and washroom use. Masks are required when inside.
- The indoor range will remain closed and off limits for all activities until further notice. All disciplines that use the indoor range have outdoor range options available.
- Members and guests who reside in the Halifax Regional Municipality or Cape Breton Regional Municipality are not to enter AVSSC property until the “avoid travel recommendation” is lifted.
- When signing in, ALL MEMBERS MUST PRINT THEIR NAME AND MEMBERSHIP NUMBER LEGIBLY in the book.
Failure to follow these conditions and the provincial regulations and recommendations, or a failure to report a violation, will be referred to the Disciplinary Committee for investigation. If the member is found to be in violation, a membership suspension for a minimum of 60 days will be assessed. If the AVSSC is levied a financial penalty due to a member not complying with regulations, a requirement to make full financial restitution to the AVSSC by the member will be made, before their membership is reinstated.